Routledge has just published a paperback edition of my 2002 book ‘Ideology, Legitimacy and the New State: Yugoslavia, Serbia and Croatia’:
Just published joint review of my books ‘Nation-States and Nationalisms’ and ‘The Sociology of War and Violence’ in Japanese journal 大阪経大論集 66 ( 6 ) , pp.75 – 78 , 2016-03-31.
I’ve finished the manuscript of my new book which is coming out in January 2017…more information to follow…
S. Malesevic (2017) The Rise of Organised Brutality: Towards a Historical Sociology of Violence. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press (in press).
I will deliver two seminars on ideology at the European University Institute in Florence on 23 and 24 May, 2016. More Information available here:
I will deliver the following invited lectures in May:
- ‘The Nation-State, War and Emotions’ Workshop ‘The Emotional State’, Queens University Belfast, UK 26th and 27th May, 2016;
- ‘Nationalism: Thick or Thin Ideology?’ European University Institute, Florence, Italy, 24 May, 2016;
- ‘Is Ideology a Useful Analytical Concept?’ European University Institute, Florence, Italy, 23 May, 2016;
- ‘Global Nationalisms and The Pluricultural Projects’ Plurality, Belonging, and the Nation-State conference, Edinburgh, UK, 19 May, 2016;
- ‘The Rise and Rise of Organised Violence? The Pinker Thesis and Historical Sociology, British Sociological Association Violence and Society Study Group Annual Symposium, Lancaster University, UK, 18 May, 2016;
- ‘Nationalism, Multiculturalism and Globalisation: Friends or Foes?’ Divided Societies Seminar: Is Multiculturalism Dead?. Inter-University Centre, Dubrovnik, Croatia (25 April, 2016);
The Spanish translation of my 2011 booklet ‘Sociological Theory and Warfare’ was published by Prohistoria Ediciones, Argentina:
New review of my ‘Nation-States and Nationalisms’ was just published in Politique et Sociétés (Volume 35, numéro 1, 2016, p. 125-144).