My column on differences between Trump’s and Johnson’s nationalisms for the Croatian weekly ‘Nacional’ (30/7/2019):
Looking forward to giving a keynote lecture at the Summer School ‘New Approaches to the History of Nationalism’ – Research School Political History at the Leiden University, 22-26 June 2020.
Looking forward to visiting China next week and giving talk on ‘Nationalisms and Multiculturalisms’ at the North Minzu University in Yinchuan on 28th June:
Here is the list of my publications coming out soon:
- S. Malesevic and S. Loyal (eds) (2019) The Sociology of Randall Collins, Special Issue of Thesis Eleven (in press);
- S. Malesevic (2019) Grounding Nationalism: Randall Collins and the Sociology of Nationhood. Thesis Eleven (in press);
- S. Malesevic (2019). Nationalisms and the Orthodox Worlds. Nations and Nationalism (in press);
- S, Malesevic (2019) War, State-Formation and Nationalism. In M. Sardoc (ed). Handbook of Patriotism. New York: Springer (in press).
- S. Malesevic (2019) Religion and Violent Conflicts. Sociology Review (in press).
- S. Malesevic (2019) Review of J. Dingley Durkheim and National Identity in Ireland, National Identities (in press)
- S. Malesevic (2019) Review of J. Torpey & D. Jacobson (eds) Transformations of Warfare in the Contemporary World, Peace Review (in press).
My interview on the far right movements and violence for Media.ba published on 24th May 2019: https://www.media.ba/bs/magazin-novinarstvo/sinisa-malesevic-ekstremistima-ne-treba-davati-prostor-u-medijima-i
I am looking forward to giving a keynote at the University of Portsmouth conference on 4th July 2019 – ‘EXPLORING THE EDGES OF CITIZENSHIP: NATIONHOOD AND NATIONALISM’ :
Krishan Kumar will give a talk and launch my new book ‘Grounded Nationalisms’ on Tuesday 23 April at the UCD Sociology. Everybody is welcome to attend.